Apply for an Original License via Transfer of Passing Scores - Public Accountancy
If you passed the Uniform CPA Examination as a candidate in another state, but have not yet obtained a CPA license, you can apply for a license in Maryland through a Transfer of Examination Scores application.
- File the Transfer of Examination Scores application.
- Complete the Transfer of Examination Scores Course checklist (Word).
- Contact the Registrar’s Office of each college/university that you attended to have your transcript sent directly to the Board.
- File a Report of Practical Work Experience (RPE) (Word), which documents at least one year of experience in accounting, advice using accounting, attest, management advisory, financial advisory, tax or consulting skills.
- Complete the self-study course titled, “Professional Ethics: The AICPA’s Comprehensive Course” and send a copy of the course completion certificate to the Board.
- After passing the exam, mail your supporting documentation to:
Maryland Board of Public Accountancy
1100 N. Eutaw Street, 5th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
- Send your documents digitally by email