Train to Hire - On-the-Job Training Grant - Maryland Business - Workforce Development & Adult Learning
Talent Recruitment - Transitioning Ex-Offenders
Let us help you meet your business needs. Real advantages exist in hiring transitioning ex-offenders, many of whom are ready and willing to work today. They have skills running the gamut from professional through entry-level. We have developed training programs to meet your industry needs. Below is a listing of some of the 600-hour skilled training programs we offer to Marylanders of which you may not be aware:
Skilled Training Programs with National Certifications
- Office Technology: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD)
- Construction Trades: Carpentry, Facilities Maintenance, HVAC/R, Electrical, Masonry, Plumbing, Roofing, Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Automotive Maintenance, Auto Body Repair, Small Engine Repair
- Graphic Arts/Design and Printing
- Upholstery/Carpet and Fabric Cleaning
Training, Employee Retention
Transitioning ex-offenders are part of the qualified pool of citizens who are ready and eager to work. Encountering obstacles has taught them to overcome hurdles, solve problems, face challenges, and show persistence. Employers who hire from this talented pool of candidates find them to be as follows:
- Dedicated employees, hungry for a second chance. They are grateful and fiercely loyal as finding a job is so much harder for them. Their dedication positively impacts their job attendance and retention.
- Productive or more productive than other employees.
- Accountable for their actions. While under parole supervision, they must pass drug tests and comply with supervision requirements.
- Prepared for 21st century jobs. Many Correctional Education students take Employment Readiness Workshop courses and learn techniques and skills to search for and retain employment.
Your company may participate in the Maryland Federal Bonding Program that provides Fidelity Bonds to employers who hire qualified job seekers who are ex-offenders as well as other high-risk applicants. Fidelity Bonds insure against any type of stealing by theft, forgery, larceny, or embezzlement. The bond is given to the employer free-of-charge for the first six months of a person's hire.
For more information, contact a Business Consultant near you.